I’m going to talk a little bit on the benefits of lambs liver. Lambs liver is full of protein and iron. One serving of liver also has 46 percent of your daily recommended amount of iron. It’s also high in potassium, phosphorus, vitamins A and C, and includes 99 percent of your recommended daily amount of copper – which is an anti-inflammatory as well as helps pigmentation of skin and hair color.
As with most things, it’s important to find grass fed organic lambs liver. The liver filters through all the body’s toxins, but does not store them. Even so, it’s best to be sure you are not ingesting any antibiotics or pesticides by eating organic.
Here is my twist on the flavoursome Jewish recipe:
2 tsp Coconut Oil
350g Lambs Liver
1 Small Onion
3 Hard Boiled Eggs
2 tsp Medium Curry Powder
1 tsp Cumin
- Hard boil the eggs and allow to cool
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and fry the onions until they are brown but not to crisp
- Put them to one side or straight into the blender
- Then cook livers through and add to blender
- Put hard boiled eggs into the blender with spices and pulse – don’t whiz other wise you will end up with pate
- Transfer to a fridge based pot and allow to cool
- Serve with pickles and Nut Breads from my book
Try this and you won’t be disappointed!